- The Metro Card is a privilege card issued by Metro (Private) Limited (“Metro”) and shall remain the property of Metro at all times.
- The Metro Card may only be used at Metro stores in Singapore.
- Application for issuance of the Metro Card shall be by way of submission of an application form containing all the required particulars of the person applying for the Metro Card (“Card Member”) and signed by the Card Member together with $300nett worth of original Metro receipts for purchase of merchandise transactions at Metro stores accumulated within 3 consecutive months. Purchase of any stored value cards or vouchers issued by Metro (including the Shoppers Cheque and the Credit Cheque) will not count towards accumulated spending for the purpose of applying for the Metro Card.
- Applicants for the Metro Card must be at least 18 years old.
- The Card Member may enjoy a discount of 10% on blue-tag items designated by Metro, birthday promotions, invitations to exclusive closed-door events and other privileges as may be determined by Metro from time to time. All discount privileges are subject to stock availability. Metro may at its absolute discretion and without notice or giving any reason to any Card Member amend, vary, modify, restrict, suspend, or withdraw all or any of the privileges or introduce any new privileges.
- The Metro Card must be presented at the time of purchase to entitle the Card Member to the privileges. All privileges shall cease upon termination of the Metro Card.
- The Metro Card shall remain valid until terminated by Metro or the Card Member. Either Metro or the Card Member may terminate the Metro Card by giving 2 weeks prior written notice without assigning any reason.
- The Metro Card is not transferable.
- Immediately after using the Metro Card at any Metro store, the Card Member shall check to ensure that the correct Metro card has been returned to the Card Member.
- Metro will not be responsible for verifying the identity of the user of the Metro Card and will not be liable for any loss, damage, theft or unauthorised use of the Metro Card.
- If the Metro Card is damaged, lost or stolen, a replacement Metro Card may be purchased at $10 on such terms and conditions as may be determined by Metro. Any damaged Metro Card must be returned to Metro before a replacement Metro Card may be issued. Any lost or stolen Metro Card recovered by the Card Member shall not be used and shall be returned to Metro.
- The Metro Card Shall not entitle the Card Member to any discount privileges if used in conjunction with any offer/ sale/ discount, discount/ membership card, privilege/ loyalty programme, promotional voucher or similar scheme.
- Metro’s decisions on all matters relating to or in connection with the use of the Metro Card, including but not limited to the privileges, shall be final and binding on the Card Member and no correspondence shall be entertained.
- Metro shall not be liable in any way:
- for any malfunction, defect or error in any terminal or other data processing equipment, software or system used to process Metro Card transactions whether belonging to or operated by Metro or other persons;
- for any delay or failure in processing Metro Card transactions because of any electronic, mechanical system, data processing or telecommunication defect or failure, act of God, civil disturbance or any event outside Metro’s control or the control of any Metro’s servants, agents or contractors;
- for any damage to or loss of or inability to retrieve any data or information that may be stored in the Metro Card or any microchip or circuit or device in the Metro Card or corruption of any such data or information, howsoever caused; and/ or
- for any fraud and/ or forgery in relation to the Metro Card perpetrated on Metro or any of Metro’s servants, agents or contractors.
- The Card Member shall fully indemnify and keep indemnified Metro against all claims, demands, action, proceedings, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any nature (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) suffered, incurred or sustained by Metro directly or indirectly by reason of or in connection with these terms and conditions, including without limitation:
- any use or misuse of the Metro Card; and
- any breach of these terms and conditions on the part of the Card Member.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Metro and the Card Member and no further or other terms and/ or conditions shall be deemed to be implied or to arise by way of any other collateral or other agreement by reason of any representation made or given by Metro.
- Metro reserves the right to change the terms and conditions governing the use of the Metro Card from time to time at its sole discretion. Metro may provide notification of such changes at Metro’s website www.metro.com.sg or at Metro stores or by other means of communication as Metro may deem fit and shall be effective as of the date specified by Metro in such notification.
- If any one or more of these terms and conditions or any part thereof is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, it will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Singapore Law and the Card Member submits irrevocably to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
Metro respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to its obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act 26 of 2012) and any subsidiary legislation (the “Act”) in respect of personal data.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data means data about you (other than Your Business Contact Information) that specifically identifies you or data about you which combined with other information that Metro has or is likely to have access to can be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include your name and where applicable, NRIC number, address, gender, age, telephone number, marital status, credit card number, photographs and video images of you while you are on our premises, and information specific to the computer or electronic device that you use (“Devices”) to access the website at www.metro.com.sg
, Metro’s facebook store, Metro’s mobile phone applications, Facebook page, Pinterest account, Twitter account, Instagram account and other social media platforms used by Metro from time to time (“Metro’s Website & E-Platforms”).
Application for issuance of the Metro Card shall be by way of submission of an application form containing all the required particulars of the person applying for the Metro Card ("Metro Card Member") and signed by the Metro Card Member together with $300nett worth of original Metro receipts for purchase of merchandise transactions at Metro stores accumulated within 3 consecutive months. Purchase of any stored value cards or vouchers issued by Metro (including the Shoppers Cheque and the Credit Cheque) will not count towards accumulated spending for the purpose of applying for the Metro Card.
POINTS OF COLLECTION
Your Personal Data may be collected when you deal with or contact Metro. For example:
(a) when you make purchases or enquiries at Metro's departmental stores or on any of Metro's Website & E-Platforms;
(b) when you access and/or use any of Metro's Website & E-Platforms;
(c) when you sign up for any card membership with Metro's co-brand partners which entitles you to rewards/benefits available at Metro;
(d) when you participate in any activities organised by Metro, including but not limited to lucky draw events, contests and redemption activities;
(e) when you contact Metro directly or via authorised third parties (e.g. when you speak to a Metro's sales promoter or brand partner); or
(f) when you are in the vicinity of Metro's surveillance cameras.
If you provide personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information about your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been given/obtained for our collection, use and disclosure of their personal data in connection with the purposes contemplated by this Policy and that such personal data is accurate and complete.
Your Personal Data may be collected, used or disclosed by or on behalf of Metro for the following purposes
(a) to facilitate your access and/or use of any of Metro's Website & E-Platforms;
(b) to manage your subscription to Metro's mailing list;
(c) to facilitate transactions between Metro and you ("Transactions");
(d) to facilitate the provision of services by Metro in connection with your use of any of Metro's Website & E-Platforms and the Transactions (the "Services");
(e) to respond to your queries or feedback;
(f) where relevant, to process and administer any insurance claims or payments;
(g) to facilitate activities organised by Metro which you participate in;
(h) to administer any card rewards/benefits applicable to your card membership with Metro's co-brand partners;
(i) to manage and maintain your user accounts, if any, on any of Metro's Website & E-Platforms, your Metro Card membership, your card membership profile with Metro's co-brand partners and/or your subscription to Metro's mailing list;
(j) to offer you a more individualised environment in connection with your use of Metro's Website & E-Platforms;
(k) to allow you to share content on social media together with a message specified by Metro;
(l) to refine or improve the security, use, features and functions of your Metro Card or Metro's Website & E-Platforms;
(m) to develop new features and functions of any of Metro's Website & E-Platforms;
(n) to improve on the Services;
(o) to keep you informed of Metro's announcements and promotions;
(p) to resolve disputes that may arise between Metro and you;
(q) where necessary, for any investigation or proceedings;
(r) to comply with applicable laws;
(s) for Metro's evaluative purposes as defined under the Act; and
(t) for the specific purposes for which your Personal Data was provided or any purposes exempted under the Act.
Metro may from time to time notify you of other purposes of collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data and you are deemed to have consented to collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data for such purposes by your continued use of the Metro's Website & E-Platforms. Metro will not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties.
Metro may disclose your Personal Data to its subsidiaries and third parties and the subsidiaries and third parties may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data in connection with any of the purposes stated in this Policy.
Metro is not responsible for any third party cookies.
By blocking cookies on your Devices or on Metro's Website & E-Platforms, not all features and functions of the Metro's Website & E-Platforms will function properly, and some of the Transactions may not be completed as a result.
Metro will implement policies and practices as required by the Act to protect your Personal Data in Metro's possession or control from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risk.
Metro shall not be responsible for Personal Data collected, used or disclosed by the third party websites if you access such websites via any of Metro's Website & E-Platforms. Any data protection policies and practices of such third parties are not intended to be covered by this Policy
If you have a user account on Metro's Website & E-Platforms, please use unique letters and numbers for your password and remember to sign out of your account when using a shared computer. You should not disclose your password to anyone. If you disclose your password or your Personal Data to a third party, you shall be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account with Metro. If you lose your password or believe that your password or account has been compromised, you should inform Metro immediately.
ACCESS AND ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
Metro may adopt verification practices or processes such as asking you questions relating to your identity, checking against Personal Data in Metro's possession and control or requesting that you furnish additional information.
You will be allowed to access or update your Personal Data by sending a request to Metro. A fee may be chargeable for your access to Your Personal Data. Metro will endeavour to respond to such requests within 30 days.
Metro is entitled to reject, among others, requests that are frivolous or vexatious or for information that is trivial.
If you believe your Personal Data contains an error or omission, please inform Metro promptly. Metro may not make the correction if it is satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made.
For the purposes of this Policy, please forward all your requests and queries to Metro's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact our hotline at 6731 1330 for assistance.
Alternatively, you may submit your requests and queries to the following address: Metro (Private) Limited of 391A Orchard Road #17-01 Ngee Ann City Tower A Singapore 238873.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT TO RECEIVE MARKETING INFORMATION
You may withdraw your consent to receive marketing information by sending an email to Metro's Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
stating your name and address. If you wish to only withdraw your consent to receive marketing information via email or SMSes, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the latest email or SMS containing such content. Metro will endeavour to process and effect such withdrawal within 30 days.
You may withdraw your consent in relation to other purposes by contacting Metro's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Where applicable, Metro will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing your consent. If you have given your consent for multiple purposes, please note that your Personal Data may still be collected, disclosed and/or used for purposes for which no withdrawal of consent was made. Please note that even upon complete withdrawal of consent, Metro may still retain your Personal Data necessary for legal and business reasons or as permitted or required by applicable laws.
Metro reserves the right to modify this Policy from time to time by posting the modifications on this page or at www.metro.com.sg
. Please check this page or the www.metro.com.sg
regularly for any modifications. Such modifications will be effective immediately and incorporated into this Policy.