About The Card
Metro Gift Card is a delightful choice as a gift for your beloved family and friends as you are giving them a gift they can choose for themselves from a wide range of exciting merchandise at Metro.
You may purchase this electronic gift card with values ranging from S$10 to S$1000 and enjoy the flexibility of reloading the card with your desired amount as often as you wish.
Each Metro Gift card comes in its own attractive folder and you may attach a message to personalise it.
Metro Gift Card
Metro Gift Card is the perfect choice as a gift all year round.
Metro Oriental Gift Card
This oriental inspired gift card is designed to suit oriental themed celebrations such as Chinese New Year or other special occasions.
| Terms & Conditions
- The Metro Gift Card ("Gift Card") is a stored value card issued by Metro (Private) Limited ("Metro") and shall remain the property of Metro at all times.
- The Gift Card may be used to make purchases at Metro stores in Singapore on these terms and conditions and subject to such other requirements, limitations and/or procedures as may from time to time be imposed by Metro, provided it contains sufficient value.
- The Gift Card may be topped up to a maximum value of $1000. The minimum amount for each top-up is $10.
- Any Gift Card which is faulty due to manufacturer’s defect will be replaced free with a replacement Gift Card and the unutilized value in the Gift Card will be transferred to the replacement Gift Card. If the Gift Card is otherwise defective or damaged, no replacement Gift Card will be provided free by Metro but a replacement Gift Card or a new Gift Card may be purchased.
- The unutilized value in a defective or damaged Gift Card may be transferred to a replacement Gift Card with no stored value which may be purchased at $2 or a new Gift Card purchased with a minimum stored value of $10. The replacement Gift Card or new Gift Card may not be purchased using any unutilized value in the defective or damaged Gift Card. Any defective or damaged Gift Card must be returned to Metro before any unutilized value in the defective or damaged Gift Card may be transferred to another Gift Card.
- Any request for transfer of unutilized value in a Gift Card must be made in person at the customer service counter at any Metro store in Singapore and the Gift Card must be produced. For the avoidance of doubt, Metro will not be responsible for verifying the ownership of the Gift Card.
- Any unutilized value in a Gift Card may not be encashed.
- Immediately after using the Gift Card at any Metro store, the user of the Gift Card shall check to ensure that the correct Gift Card has been returned to the user.
- Metro will not be liable for any loss, damage, theft or unauthorized use of the Gift Card.
- Any lost or stolen Gift Card will not be replaced by Metro.
- Metro's decisions on all matters relating to or in connection with the use of the Gift Card shall be final and binding on the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card and no correspondence shall be entertained.
- Metro shall not be liable in any way:
- for any malfunction, defect or error in any terminal or other data processing equipment, software or system used to process Gift Card transactions whether belonging to or operated by Metro or other persons;
- for any delay or failure in processing Gift Card transactions because of any electronic, mechanical system, data processing or telecommunication defect or failure, act of God, civil disturbance or any event outside Metro’s control or the control of any of Metro’s servants, agents or contractors; and
- for any damage to or loss of or inability to retrieve any data or information that may be stored in the Gift Card or any microchip or circuit or device in the Gift Card or corruption of any such data or information, howsoever caused; and/or
- for any fraud and/or forgery in relation to the Gift Card perpetrated on Metro or any of Metro's servants, agents or contractors.
- The purchaser and all users of the Gift Card shall fully indemnify and keep indemnified Metro against all claims, demands, action, proceedings, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any nature (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) suffered, incurred or sustained by Metro directly or indirectly by reason of or in connection with these terms and conditions, including without limitation:
- any use or misuse of the Gift Card; and
- Any breach of these terms and conditions by the purchaser or user.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Metro and the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card and no further or other terms and/or conditions shall be deemed to be implied or to arise by way of any collateral or other agreement by reason of any representation made or given by Metro.
- Metro reserves the right to change the terms and conditions governing the use of the Gift Card from time to time at its sole discretion. Metro may provide notification of such changes at Metro’s website www.metro.com.sg or at Metro stores or by other means of communication as Metro may deem fit and shall be effective as of the date specified by Metro in such notification.
- These terms and conditions shall be binding on the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card.
- If any one or more of these terms and conditions or any part thereof is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, it will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Singapore law and the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.