About The Card
Metro Gift Card is a delightful choice as a gift for your beloved family and friends as you are giving them a gift they can choose for themselves from a wide range of exciting merchandise at Metro.
You may purchase this electronic gift card with values ranging from S$10 to S$1000 and enjoy the flexibility of reloading the card with your desired amount as often as you wish.
Each Metro Gift card comes in its own attractive folder and you may attach a message to personalise it.
Metro Gift Card
Metro Gift Card is the perfect choice as a gift all year round.
Metro Oriental Gift Card
This oriental inspired gift card is designed to suit oriental themed celebrations such as Chinese New Year or other special occasions.
Metro Christmas Gift Card
It’s the perfect gift for a magical Christmas for your loved ones this season. Get a Metro Christmas Gift Card today!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Metro Gift Card (“Gift Card”) is a stored value card issued by Metro (Private) Limited (“Metro”) and shall remain the property of Metro at all times.
- The Gift Card may be used to make purchases at Metro stores in Singapore on these terms and conditions and subject to such other requirements, limitations and/or procedures as may from time to time be imposed by Metro, provided it contains sufficient value.
- The Gift Card may be topped up to a maximum value of $1000. The minimum amount for each top-up is $10.
- Any Gift Card which is faulty due to manufacturer’s defect will be replaced free with a replacement Gift Card and the unutilised value in the Gift Card will be transferred to the replacement Gift Card. If the Gift Card is otherwise defective or damaged, no replacement Gift Card will be provided free by Metro but a replacement Gift Card or a new Gift Card may be purchased.
- The unutilised value in a defective or damaged Gift Card may be transferred to a replacement Gift Card with no stored value which may be purchased at $2 or a new Gift Card purchased with a minimum stored value of $10. The replacement Gift Card or new Gift Card may not be purchased using any unutilised value in the defective or damaged Gift Card. Any defective or damaged Gift Card must be returned to Metro before any unutilised value in the defective or damaged Gift Card may be transferred to another Gift Card.
- Any request for transfer of unutilised value in a Gift Card must be made in person at the customer service counter at any Metro store in Singapore and the Gift Card must be produced. For the avoidance of doubt, Metro will not be responsible for verifying the ownership of the Gift Card.
- Any unutilised value in a Gift Card may not be encashed.
- Immediately after using the Gift Card at any Metro store, the user of the Gift Card shall check to ensure that the correct Gift Card has been returned to the user.
- Metro will not be liable for any loss, damage, theft or unauthorised use of the Gift Card.
- Any lost or stolen Gift Card will not be replaced by Metro.
- Metro’s decisions on all matters relating to or in connection with the use of the Gift Card shall be final and binding on the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card and no correspondence shall be entertained.
- Metro shall not be liable in any way:
- a.for any malfunction, defect or error in any terminal or other data processing equipment, software or system used to process Gift Card transactions whether belonging to or operated by Metro or other persons;
- for any delay or failure in processing Gift Card transactions because of any electronic, mechanical system, data processing or telecommunication defect or failure, act of God, civil disturbance or any event outside Metro’s control or the control of any of Metro’s servants, agents or contractors; and
- for any damage to or loss of or inability to retrieve any data or information that may be stored in the Gift Card or any microchip or circuit or device in the Gift Card or corruption of any such data or information, howsoever caused; and/or
- for any fraud and/or forgery in relation to the Gift Card perpetrated on Metro or any of Metro’s servants, agents or contractors.
- The purchaser and all users of the Gift Card shall fully indemnify and keep indemnified Metro against all claims, demands, action, proceedings, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any nature (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) suffered, incurred or sustained by Metro directly or indirectly by reason of or in connection with these terms and conditions, including without limitation:
- any use or misuse of the Gift Card; and
- any breach of these terms and conditions by the purchaser or user.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Metro and the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card and no further or other terms and/or conditions shall be deemed to be implied or to arise by way of any collateral or other agreement by reason of any representation made or given by Metro.
- Metro reserves the right to change the terms and conditions governing the use of the Gift Card from time to time at its sole discretion. Metro may provide notification of such changes at Metro’s website www.metro.com.sg or at Metro stores or by other means of communication as Metro may deem fit and shall be effective as of the date specified by Metro in such notification.
- These terms and conditions shall be binding on the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card.
- If any one or more of these terms and conditions or any part thereof is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, it will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Singapore law and the purchaser and all users of the Gift Card irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
- Load with any value
The Metro Gift card allows you to load a specific value (from S$10 to S$1000) to depict your favourite numbers, anniversary dates or auspicious numbers to personalise the gift card.
The Metro Gift card can be reloaded at any times with a minimum amount of S$10 to a maximum value of S$1000 per card.
- Easy to redeem
At any Metro store islandwide so long as sufficient funds remain
- Choice Galore
Metro Gift card recipient has the flexibility to use the Card over an entire range of exciting merchandise at Metro stores.
- All Occasion Gift
For anyone, at any time.
- Best Of All, It never expires
- What is a Metro Gift Card?
A Metro Gift Card is a stored value card that lets you load it with a specific value (from S$10 to S$1000). It can be used to make purchases at all Metro stores
- Does the Metro Gift Card have an expiry date?
No, one of the major benefits of the Card is that the funds stored do not expire.
- What are the unique features of the Metro Gift Card?
The Metro Gift Card is an electronic gift card, card that allows subsequent top-up to a maximum value of S$1000 per card. The minimum amount for each top-up is S$10, and you can top up as often as you like. Designed to make gift-giving easier easier and more convenient, the Metro Gift Card allows the giver the flexibility to choose any amount (from S$10 – S$1000) to be loaded while the recipient enjoys the convenience to redeem its full value at any Metro store island wide. You can even choose to load favourite anniversary dates or auspicious numbers to personalise the gift card.
- Where can I purchase a Metro Gift Card?
Metro Gift Card is available for purchase at any of our Customer Service counters at all our Metro stores or you may purchase the Card online at www.metro.com.sg
- How do I use the Metro Gift Card?
The Metro Gift Card may be used to make purchases at all Metro stores in Singapore by deducting the value of the merchandise from the Gift Card.
- Can I withdraw the unutilised amount in the Metro Gift Card?
No, unutilised funds in a Metro Gift Card may not be refunded as cash.
- How can I check the balance of my Gift Card?
To check the available balance on your Metro Gift Card, refer to any Nets charge slip from a recent transaction. (Every purchase transaction is accompanied by a Nets charge slip.) The Nets charge slip will display the card balance amount, the amount utilised, and the expiry date of the card. (The latter is shown for administrative purposes only)
- Can the Metro Gift Card be replaced if lost or stolen?
No, lost or stolen Metro Gift Card will not be replaced.
- What happens if the Metro Gift Card is faulty or damaged?
If a Metro Gift Card is faulty due to manufacturer’s defect, it will be replaced free of charge and the unutilised funds in the faulty or damaged Metro Gift Card will be transferred to the replacement card. If the Metro Gift Card is defective or damaged as a result of mishandling – such as cracked, scratched or defaced –a free replacement card will not be provided.
- How can I transfer unutilized funds from a damaged card?
You can purchase a new Metro Gift Card with a minimum stored value of S$10, or you may choose to purchase a blank card with no stored value at S$2 per card. The unutilised funds from the damaged card can then be transferred to the new gift card. The funds transfer must be done in person at the Customer Service counter of any Metro store.
- Can I deduct the S$2 card cost from another Metro Gift Card?
No, the card cost cannot be deducted from another Metro Gift Card. This amount should be paid either by cash, Nets or Credit Card.
- What happens when I spend all my money in my Metro Gift Card?
You may choose to top up the card with additional funds or keep the card
- Can I buy a Metro Gift Card for myself?
Yes. A Metro Gift Card can be used as a useful tool for managing your
- Can I give the Metro Gift Card to someone under the age of 18?
Yes, you can give the Metro Gift Card to anyone of any ages. It is the perfect gift for everyone.
- If I want to send a Metro Gift Card to someone, how long does it take to reach the recipient?
The Metro Gift Card can be sent to anyone living in Singapore. Online purchase order will be processed and sent to the recipient within 5 working days upon receipt of order.
- Are there any delivery charges for online purchase?
We provide complimentary delivery service to any address in Singapore with a minimum online purchase of S$100. Otherwise, a S$5 delivery charge will
- How will the recipient know the original value of his or her Metro Gift Card?
We provide a complimentary card carrier sleeve that allows you to indicate your purchase amount in the Metro Gift Card, accompanied by a receipt on which the purchase date and original value are printed.